*The IMA recommendation is the following:*
* IMA recommends that all doctors should prescribe preferably *NLEM (National List of Essential Medicine) drugs* ..
* All doctors shall promote Janaushidhi Kendras..
* We appeal to the government to classify all disposables under both NLEM and non-NLEM categories and cap the price of essential ones. Till then all medical establishments should sell the disposables at procurement prize after adding a predefined fixed margin..
* Hospitals and doctors are often blamed of overcharging and over investigations. Billing should be transparent, and all special investigations should be well informed..
* Every doctor should ensure that it becomes mandatory on the part of the hospital administrator to give options at the time of admission to choose cost-effective treatment room and treatment (single room, sharing room, and general-ward) and explain the difference in total bill estimates..
* All doctors should ensure that hospital estimates at the time of admission are near to actual..
* The treating doctor must explain the chances of death and unexpected complications and resultant financial implications..
* Once doctors take charge of a patient, the patient should not be neglected.. They should look after the patient till discharge..
* Emergency care is the responsibility of the state government and the government should subsidize the costs of all emergencies in private sector..
* Every medical prescription must include counseling on the cost of drugs and investigations..
* IMA has zero tolerance to doctors indulging in female feticide..
* IMA has zero tolerance to cuts and commissions.. Medical establishment should revisit their referral fee system..
* Billing paid to doctors should be transparent and reflected in the bill.. No hospital can force their consultants to work on targets..
* Contractual agreements should be in such way in which interested of both parties that is consultant and the hospital is equally protected..
* All hospitals should consider not charging service charges from the consultants..
* Choice of drugs and devices rests with the doctors based on the affordability of the patient and not on the profitability..
* All hospitals must comply to the commitment towards EWS, BPL, and poor patients without any discrimination..
* All patient complaints should be addressed in a timely manner through an internal redressal mechanism with a chairman from outside the hospital..
* All medical establishments must ensure that their business ethics comply with the MCI ETHICS..
* IMA LAMA policy: being a grey area is being made..
* Every dead body needs to be treated with respect and dignity..
* All charitable hospitals should do their free work as assigned..
* All needy patients must be routed through the social worker of the establishment and guided and directed to the appropriate place..
* At least one more equally experienced but unrelated surgeon should be involved in the consent form during elective LSCS..
* The patient has a right to get medical records within 72 hours of request.. Acknowledge their request..
* The patient has the right to go for a second opinion from an appropriately qualified medical doctor.. The primary doctors have no right to get offended..
* A hospital has no right to stop life-saving investigations or treatment for non-payment of bills if the patient is still admitted in the hospital..
* The government should make a mechanism for the reimbursement for the above for poor patients..
* Ensure for us all are equal.. BPL, APL, EWS, rich, or poor all should get the same attention and treatment..
* IMA policy: With no National Guidelines viability of fetus issue is being looked upon by IMA, FOGSI, IAP and NNF..
* We are not against any regulations and accountability, but we should all ask for a single window accountability at the state level..
* The state medical council should be proactive and take timely decisions..
* We should also ensure a single window registration..
* We must ensure that our establishment has a transgender policy..
* All government hospitals should be upgraded and have facilities like those in the private hospitals..
* All public, private or charitable hospitals should have quality accreditation..
* No doctors should issue false certificates..