Daily Archive: April 23, 2018
Uttarkashi (U’khand), Apr 23 (PTI) Two persons were killed when a loader fell into a gorge in Uttarakhand’s Uttarkashi district, the police said today.
The mishap occurred late last night, when the loader was on its way to Purola from Naugaon town, said Purola police station in-charge Navin Kumar.
Two persons, who were on the vehicle apart from the driver, were killed. The driver’s whereabouts were being ascertained, the officer said.
The deceased have been identified as Sachin Kumar (29) and Mohammad Asif (31). Both of them are from Dehradun, he said.
How to check PSEB Class 12 Result 2018:
- Visit the PSEB official website- pseb.ac.in.
- Click on the relevant link on the home page.
- Enter your roll number along with other details and submit.
- Download the result and take a print out of it for future reference.
New Delhi, April 23, 2018: India’s first and most credible public platform for discussion and deliberation between healthcare industry and government representatives on Ayushman Bharat -National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) is being organized on 16th May 2018 at Taj Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi. The scheme has the benefit cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year. The target beneficiaries of the proposed scheme will be more than 10 crore families belonging to poor and vulnerable population based on SECC database. AB-NHPM will subsume the on-going centrally sponsored schemes -RashtriyaSwasthyaBimaYojana (RSBY) and the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS). Announced in the latest Union Budget, Ayushman Bharat is said to be the world’s largest government funded health insurance cover.
The objective of Summit, organized by health industry experts India Virtual Hospital and BW Group, is to deliberate upon all issues related to the Ayushman Bharat Program like:
· Optimization of healthcare infrastructure and medical manpower,
· Technology integration for management and monitoring,
· Role of private players from insurance, pharma, technology and healthcare delivery sector
· Successful implementation at state level
Key policy makers instrumental to drafting of the Ayushman Bharat Scheme are also invited to make discussions more comprehensive.
Swadeep Srivastava, Managing Partner of India Virtual Hospital and convenor of the Summit says, "Ayushman Bharat Program is an exemplary scheme for governments across the globe. In a vast and diverse country like India, it will have unique opportunities as well as roadblocks during implementation. Through the Ayushman Bharat Healthcare Summit, we aim to provide a platform for discussions among all stakeholders of this program – from private and public sector – to discuss public private partnerships and methodologies for successful implementation of this state."
Anurag Batra, Chairman of the Summit says, "Healthcare is a state subject. Hence, a key point of concern is implementation of the Ayushman Bharat Scheme at state level. We have invited state governments to present their thoughts and in-sights on the subject which could help smooth implementation of this scheme."
The Summit is receiving tremendous response from the Indian healthcare industry. Union Health Minister – Sh. J. P. Nadda, AYUSH Minister – Sh. Shripad Naik, Amitabh Kant – CEO of NitiAayog have been invited as guests at the Summit. Policy makers like GS Naveen Kumar, Special Secretary (Health), Govt. of Uttar Pradesh; think tanks like Dr. Rana Mehta, leader and partner healthcare, PwC, national president of Indian Medical Association – Dr. Ravi Wankhedkar, globally renowned experts like Dr.Jitendar Sharma, CEO of Andhra Med Tech Zone and Dr. P Siva Kumar, Chief Stratregy Officer of Trivitron, Dr. C Lahariya, National Professional Officer for Universal Health Coverage at WHO; sector experts like Ashish Jain, CEO of Healthcare Sector Skill Council are some of the names which will be on the panels to deliberate upon different aspects of the Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
Vice President Venkaiah Naidu cited various reasons for blocking a move by the opposition parties, led by the Congress to impeach Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra. One of the points raised by Mr Naidu as the Rajya Sabha Chiarman is the lack of substantial merit in the impeachment notice. "We cannot allow any of our pillars of governance to be weakened by any thought, word or action," the vice president said in his 10-page order. Sources said Mr Naidu consulted several top legal and constitutional experts, before he took the decision. Seven opposition parties led by the Congress had last Friday moved a notice before him for impeachment of the Chief Justice of India on five grounds of "misbehaviour".
Here are the top 10 quotes from Venkaiah Naidu’s 10-page order:
- "The phrases used by the Hon’ble Members of Parliament themselves indicate a mere suspicion, a conjecture or an assumption. The same certainly does not constitute proof ‘beyond reasonable doubt’, which is required to make out a case of ‘proved misbehaviour’."
- "The allegations emerging from the present case have a serious tendency of undermining the independence of the judiciary which is the basic tenet of the Constitution of India. Considering the totality of facts, I am of the firm opinion that it is neither legal nor desirable or proper to admit the Notice of Motion on any of one of these grounds."
- "When the foundation itself is shaken by acts which tend to create disaffection and disrespect for the authority of the court by creating distrust in its working, the edifice of the judicial system gets eroded."
- "If such confidence is shaken or broken, the confidence of the common man in the institution of judiciary and democratic set-up is likely to be eroded, which, if not checked, is sure to be disastrous for the society."
- "The Hon’ble Members of Parliament who have presented the petition are unsure of their own case. Page 1 of the petition uses phrases such as ‘the facts and circumstances relating to the Prasad Education Trust case show prima facie evidence suggesting that the Chief Justice of India ‘may have been’ involved in a conspiracy of paying illegal gratification …. ‘ The motion further states with regard to ‘the Chief Justice of India that ‘he too was likely’ to fall within the scope of investigation."
- "Conversations between third parties with dubious credentials, which have been extensively relied upon, cannot themselves constitute any material evidence against the holder of the office of the Chief Justice of India."
- "In the absence of credible and verifiable information placed before me which gives an indication of ‘misbehaviour’ or ‘incapacity’, it would be an inappropriate and irresponsible act to accept statements which have little empirical basis."
- "We cannot allow any of our pillars of governance to be weakened by any thought, word or action."
- "On a careful analysis and reflection, I find that there is virtually no concrete verifiable imputation."
- "I am of the firm opinion that the Notice of Motion does not deserve to be admitted."
- Source: NDTV
New Delhi: Slamming the saffron party at the Centre and other various states in India, Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Monday said, the PM, amidst all the crisis, atrocities going on in the nation against the minorities, girls, weaker sections, is still interested in running as a PM instead of solving the issues that has invited nationwide outrage.
He reiterated that the Constitutional values of the minorities rights and women’s safety are gravely endangered under the Modi reign in the nation. He has recently launched the “Save the Constitution” programme, where the party president is assuring the citizens all the crimes that have happened in the saffron party’s reign will not repeat in his party’s reign, DC reported
He also launched a straight attack at the Apex Court’s decision’s that are greatly influenced by BJP referring to the four senior judges who have held a press conference to report against the ongoing discrimination and inequality in the nation’s topmost Court as well as those institutions which now run on Hindutva ideology blindly believing the RSS ideologies.
He also added that though the PM saw spirituality in sanitation by the Dalit group there is no longer any place for the weaker section or the Dalits, the Muslim community or the women of this nation in his heart.