Daily Archive: October 15, 2017

AAP demands drought-prone district status for Bolangir

Bolangir: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) organised a rally here on Sunday to demand declaration of Bolangir as drought-prone district and solve issues of the farmers.

Members of AAP from Delhi Alka Lamba and Naresh Yadav attended the rally.

Later in the day, a meeting was organised at the town hall for discussion on issues faced by farmers in the area.

Many farmer leaders from Western Odisha attended the meeting.

“Since 15 years we are fighting for the rights of the farmers of Western Odisha and issues faced by them. To raise this issue in the State we have called for a rally on October 30,” said Lingaraj, a farmer leader.

Meanwhile, the poor condition of the farmers in the area is the fault of both the State and Central governments, alleged AAP MLA Alka Lamba.

“Nowadays farmers in India are forced to commit suicide for various reasons. We are here to check the facilities that are being provided to the farmers in Western Odisha from the State and Centre,” added Alka.

#Bengaluru Sinks as City Receives Highest Rainfall in 115 Years

New Delhi, Oct 15: It’s been pouring trouble in the IT City – Bengaluru since the last few days. Incessant rainfall in the Karnataka capital has broken 115-year-old record. Several areas are witnessing flood-like situation. Reports say around 10 deaths have occurred in the past 15 days due to potholes and the heavy showers in the city.

A 16-year-old girl was drowned in an overflowing rain on Sunday at Krishnappa Garden.

In another incident, a mother and her daughter were washed away in a nearby drain in Kurubrahalli. (Also Read: Bengaluru Potholes Claim Four Lives, Karnataka CM Asks ‘What Can We Do)

Bengaluru is facing a unique weather system wherein the south-west monsoon has extended its stint and soon the north-east monsoon will arrive, a meteorological department official said.

23 ROADS DECLARED AS NO TOLERANCE ROADS IN NEW DELHI

23 roads declared as no tolerance roads . If towed away fine would be weight of car X ₹10 . (730kg X ₹10 = ₹7300 fine )

Aurobindo Chowk
Andheria More
Chirag Delhi Crossing
Savitri Flyover
MB Road Cut
IGNOU Chowk
11 Murti
Dhaula Kuan
ITO Chungi
Karkari More
MG Road
GT Karnal Road
Sardar Patel Marg
Mathura Road
Mehrauli
Gurgaon Road
Pankha Road
Pusa Road
Ring Road
Mustafa Kemal Ataturk Marg
DBG Road
New Rohtak Road
Patel Road
Najafgarh Road

EDMC plans waste-to-energy plant at Ghazipur

New Delhi, Oct 15 (PTI) The East Delhi Municipal Corporation today said it has set the ball rolling for setting up a waste-to-energy plant of 2,000 MT capacity at Ghazipur landfill site.

A fire was yesterday reported at the massive landfill, which had partially collapsed triggering a fatal accident recently.

East Delhi Mayor Neema Bhagat said the corporation was concerned about such fire incidents and the idea now was to “recycle maximum garbage” and “leave minimum trash for dumping”.

“We have taken action on disposal of landfill and we have begun the process for setting up the waste-to-energy plant having a capacity to process 2,000 MT of garbage.

“Besides, we have also initiated a plan whereby garbage generated by 2,500 families in Mayur Vihar – Phase I area would be converted to compost. So, the idea is to leave as less as possible for dumping,” Bhagat said.

The blaze at the landfill site was extinguished in the early hours today after over seven hours of fire fighting operations, a fire official said.

The 45-m high landfill was shut down following an order by Lt Governor Anil Baijal in the wake of the collapse incident in which two persons were killed.

The landfill site was saturated in 2002. The civic body said it had been looking for an alternative site for long, but a clearance from the NGT was needed.

The East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC) manages the landfill site that was started in 1984 and is spread over 29 acres.

According to officials, the permissible height for a garbage dump is 20 metres. Every day, 2,500-3000 metric tonnes of garbage is dumped at the Ghazipur site.

Ram temple in Ayodhya by next Diwali: Subramanian Swamy

Patna, Oct 15 (PTI) Senior BJP leader Subramanian Swamy today said construction of the proposed Ram temple in Ayodhya will commence soon and it will be ready to receive devotees by next Diwali.

Hurdles in the way of the proposed Ram temple are being removed, Swami said without elaborating.

“Construction of the temple is likely to begin sooner than later. This week we will be celebrating Diwali and by next Diwali the Ram temple is likely to be ready to receive devotees,” he said addressing a seminar here organised by the Bihar unit of Virat Hindustan Sangam (VHS), which he has floated.

The Rajya Sabha MP said for electoral success “it is essential that the ideology of Hindutva is never lost sight of”.

Swami said VHS would make efforts for the construction of a grand temple dedicated to Lord Ram’s consort Sita at Sitamarhi in north Bihar, believed to be her birthplace. “It is impossible to think of Maryada Purushottam Sri Rama without his companion Jagat Janani Janaki”.

Plans were also afoot by VHS to also set up a university there. The university will serve as a centre for Indian renaissance where ancient Indian learning will be promoted alongside imparting of contemporary vocational training, he said, adding the organisation also proposed to undertake similar projects at other places of historical importance in all districts across Bihar.

This is published unedited from the PTI feed.

बागपत: दोबारा गैंगरेप की धमकी मिलने पर छात्रा ने की खुदकुशी, पांच आरोपी गिरफ्तार

नई दिल्ली: यूपी के बागपत जिले के रमाला थाना क्षेत्र के एक गांव में कथित रूप से सामूहिक दुष्कर्म की शिकार आठवीं कक्षा की छात्रा ने आरोपियों द्वारा दोबारा सामूहिक दुष्कर्म की धमकी मिलने पर फांसी लगाकर कथित रूप से आत्महत्या कर ली है.

शुरुआत में मामले को गृह-कलह के कारण आत्महत्या बताने वाली पुलिस ने मामले को तूल पकड़ता देख पांच आरोपियों को गिरफ्तार कर जांच शुरु कर दी है. वहीं बागपत के पुलिस अधीक्षक ने घटना में लापरवाही बरतने के आरोप में संबंधित चौकी प्रभारी को निलंबित कर दिया है.

पुलिस अधीक्षक जयप्रकाश ने बताया कि घटना के संबंध में आरोपी सोनू, मोनू, रोहित, सागर और पप्पू को गिरफ्तार कर उनके खिलाफ मुकदमा दर्ज कर लिया गया है. पांचों को अदालत ने न्यायिक हिरासत में जेल भेजने का आदेश दिया है.

जयप्रकाश ने कहा कि इस संबंध में लापरवाही बरतने के आरोप में संबंधित रमाला थाने के तत्कालीन प्रभारी शरद तिलारा को निलंबित कर उनके खिलाफ आवश्यक विभागीय कार्यवाही की जा रही है.

पुलिस के अनुसार लड़की की मां ने बताया कि गांव के एक विद्यालय में आठवीं कक्षा की छात्रा उनकी बेटी करीब चार महीने पहले पास स्थित एक दुकान से सामान लेने गयी थी. करीब 15 वर्ष आयु की यह किशोरी जब घर नहीं लौटी तो परिवार ने गांव के ही पांच युवकों के खिलाफ अपहरण का मामला दर्ज करवाया. लेकिन पुलिस ने नामजदउ शिकायत मिलने के बावजूद कोई कार्रवाई नहीं की.

किशोरी की मां का कहना है कि घटना के पांच दिन बाद आरोपी किशोरी को रमाला थाने के बाहर फेंककर फरार हो गए. होश आने पर किशोरी ने बताया कि पांच युवकों ने उसका गांव से अपहरण किया और बंद कमरे में उसके साथ सामूहिक दुष्कर्म किया. घटना की स्थानीय पुलिस से शिकायत की गई. लेकिन पुलिस ने कोई कार्रवाई नहीं की और मुकदमे में फाइनल रिपोर्ट लगा आरोपियों को क्लीन चिट दे दी.

मृतका की मां के अनुसार शुक्रवार 13 अक्तूबर की सुबह उनकी बेटी पड़ोसी की दुकान पर कुछ सामान लेने गई थी. वहां एक बार फिर आरोपियों ने उसके साथ सामूहिक दुष्कर्म करने की धमकी दी. घर आकर उसने परिवार को धमकी के बारे में बताया. इससे पहले कि परिजन घटना की सूचना पुलिस को दे पाते छात्रा ने आत्महत्या कर ली.

पुलिस का तर्क है कि किशोरी के साथ पहले सामूहिक दुष्कर्म नहीं हुआ था, इसलिए फाइनल रिपोर्ट लगाकर उसे अदालत में दाखिल किया गया. दूसरी ओर परिजनों का दावा है कि मेडिकल रिपोर्ट में सामूहिक दुष्कर्म की पुष्टि हुई थी. किशोरी के बयान भी दर्ज हुए थे. बावजूद इसके, पुलिस ने मामले में फाइनल रिपोर्ट लगाकर आरोपियों को क्लीन चिट दे दी. शनिवार को पुलिस सुरक्षा के बीच मृतका का अंतिम संस्कार किया जा सका.

जयप्रकाश का कहना है कि वह पुराने मुकदमे की जांच करवा रहे हैं कि किस आधार पर आरोपियों को क्लीनचिट देकर फाइनल रिपोर्ट लगाई गई.

घटना के संबंध में रमाला थाने के वर्तमान थाना प्रभारी वीरेंद्र सिंह का कहना है कि मेडिकल रिपोर्ट में सामूहिक दुष्कर्म की पुष्टि नहीं हुई थी. मामला उनके पूर्ववर्ती प्रभारी के कार्यकाल के दौरान है, इसलिए उन्हें कोई जानकारी नहीं है.

‘Violates fundamental rights’: Plea in SC challenging linking Aadhaar to mobile

As telecom companies continue to hound users with messages to link their mobile phone numbers with Aadhaar, a fresh petition in Supreme Court has challenged the government’s rule.

The petition filed by feminist researcher and activist Kalyani Menon also challenged another rule that makes linking bank accounts with Aadhaar numbers mandatory.

Menon’s petition challenges a March 2017 circular issued by the department of telecommunication, that requires linking of mobile phone numbers and Aadhaar, following which telecom companies have been bombarding customers with SMS alerts and calls, asking them to link the two to avoid disconnection.

“It is submitted that the impugned circular also violates the fundamental rights and constitutional rights of persons, by requiring any mobile subscriber to link their mobile phone number with Aadhaar number as part of e-KYC requirement,” the petition said.

Menon said there is no justification provided by the government which requires Aadhaar as the sole identifying proof without providing any alternative.

Her petition also challenged Rule 2(b) of the Prevention of Money Laundering (Maintenance of Records) Second Amendment Rules, 2017.

As per the provision, submission of Aadhaar number has been made mandatory for individual account holders, companies, partnership firms and trusts for opening of bank accounts, maintaining existing bank accounts and making any financial transactions of and above Rs 50,000.

The plea said that existing bank account holders have been directed to furnish Aadhaar numbers before December 31, 2017. Non-compliance will render the concerned bank accounts inoperational indefinitely, subject to submission of the Aadhaar number and the Permanent Account Number (PAN).

“The impugned provision is in violation of Article 300A of the Constitution. The Constitution protects the right to not be deprived of property, without due process of law. Rendering bank accounts inoperational, without the authority of law, is a violation of this constitutional right,” the petition said.